I have a lot more I could say about this, but I have been enjoying Apple Watch. For all the pros and cons here is the shortest summary I could come up with:
- Siri isn't reliable.
- Asking Siri to do something that could work and it will often redirect you to the phone. Like tweeting or showing heads up info like dictionary definitions and such.
- App icons mysteriously disappear.
- There are many occasions when it feels unnecessary to have.
- Kind of expensive.
- When Siri does work, it is amazing.
- It shines during fitness activities and my commute.
- Apple Pay is great.
- Controlling Music or my TV is terrific.
On any given day if I do not ride my bike and I'm not commuting to work on a crowded train then I could live without it. If I am riding my bike or if I am on a crowded train then it is nearly indispensable.
Here is one small example: Late last year we were looking for our first home. My wife and I would look online at listings and then go check things out and drive by and get a feel for the neighborhood and whatnot. One evening I was riding my bike home from the train station when I got a text from my wife with a new listing. It was between where I was and home anyway so I decided to stop by. I had my wife text me the address and then I used the maps app to guide me. All of this while I am still safely riding my bike on the bike trail. No need to take out my phone. When I finally got to the address, my wife called me (she had been tracking my progress with Find my Friends) and I answered the call on the watch and talked to her as I continued home. When I got home, by the way, I ended my workout that the watch had been tracking the whole time.
It was like the perfect scenario for having Apple Watch.
I am looking forward to whatever improvements and updates they make.
The bands are cool tool.