I made some minor updates to please lately and I figured I could talk about them here.
First, I fixed some bugs around the token replacement and input for aliases that use them. I also made it so that the template values could be provided inline with the initial command so that what was once:
> please do something
> input: _
can now be:
> please do something -input 'foo'
Next, I made it so that when using --list you can provide a filter argument. please --list bar, for example, will list all aliases that contain the word "bar".
Finally, I added environment variable support to aliases so that $ENV_VARIABLE will correctly parse to the right value.
Just download the project or clone it from github then run the rake install task and it should be ready to use on your OS X terminal!
I am sure that no one else actually uses please, but I find it very useful. Since the please.yml file can be stored in any directory (based on environment variable), I have it stored in my Dropbox folder so that between computers I have the same list of aliases, automatically synchronized. If it were to ever get more popular, I could even see putting together a github repository or some other way for people to share their alias files. But maybe I need to make the code more robust before then.